To change language in Google Drive:
1.Open Google Drive > click on the Settings Gear icon > click on Change language settings > click on Add another language > click on Select.
Launched back in 2012, Google Drive is probably the best file storage and sync service developed by Google, providing users with several free software programs like Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides, etc.
By default, the language of all Google services is English, but many users want to change it to a language for their own region.
If you too want to change it to a different language than English, keep on reading. Below we share a complete guide with easy steps on how to do it.
You can also check out: How to rename Google Drive folder?
How to change language in Google Drive
Quick Note: Once you change the default language in Google Drive, it will also change the language in its encompassed software programs (e.g., Google Docs and Google Slides).
- Open Google Drive and log into your Google account with your credentials if prompted.
- From the drop-down menu, choose and click on the Settings gear icon (upper-right corner).
- From the options, choose ‘Settings’.
- Next to the Language section, click on the option ‘Change language settings’.
- From the other window that appears, click on the ‘Add another language’.
- Select a language from the drop-down menu of language and click on ‘Select’.
How to change my Google language back to English on Android
- Open a Google Chrome browser.
- Tap on the hamburger icon (three horizontal lines on the left side of your screen).
- From the menu, select ‘Settings’.
- Scroll down till you see Language in Google products and pick ‘English’ by tapping on the circle icon (it should be marked with blue color).
- Under Language of Search Results, tap on ‘Add another language’ and choose the English language by tapping on the circle icon (it should be marked with blue color).
Bonus read: How to Make Google Form Anonymous
How to change the language back to English on Google Docs
You can change the language back to English on Google Docs in a document you’ve already worked on or in a new one you are about to start.
- Open Google Docs as usual (on a new Blank document or on open the one you’ve already worked on).
- Click on the ‘File’ tab to open a new file (top of the menu).
- Click on ‘Language’.
- From the list of languages on the right side, scroll down to find the English language (choose between the English language options).
It will automatically change to the English language.
If interested, you can also explore how to upload a video to YouTube from Google Drive, or how to restore a backup from Google Drive.